top of page
MICROBIOME AND HOST GENETICS INTERACTION IN THE SUSCEPTIBILITY TO RECURRENT VULVO-VAGINAL CANDIDIASIS
- - To understand the impact that the interaction between the host genome and microbiome (both bacteriome and mycobiome) has on the antifungal host defense at the level of mucosa
- To decipher how this affects susceptibility to recurrent vulvo-vaginal candidiasis (RVVC).
- - Identification of the microbiome and genomic factors influencing mucosal anti-fungal responses
- Novel factors which drive susceptibility to RVVC will be found
- The microbiome components that modulate susceptibility and disease outcome in patients with RVVC will be identified
bottom of page