- To build a gene catalogue that will serve as a reference database for human fungi in mycobiota analysis
- To explore the Fungal-Host-Microbiota interplay by integrating both bacterial and fungal components of the microbiota at DNA and RNA levels
- To evaluate whether specific myco- and microbial signatures in the GI or vaginal tract correlate with variable levels of colonization by Candida, host antifungal response and recurrence of vaginal infection.
- Development of bioinformatics pipeline and construction of gene catalogue
- Integration of micro- and mycobiome to understand bacteria-fungi interaction and assess the impact of the microbiotahost interplay on the severity of fungal infection