- Characterization of the mycobiome associated to the SHIME and, if needed, adaptation of the physiological parameters to maintain a fungal biodiversity equivalent to the in vivo situation
- Development of a C. albicans-infection model with stable infection. Two specific aims are then foreseen: i) to evaluate the fungal-bacteria interactions to study the modulation of the gut microbiota activity and composition; ii) to evaluate the effect of specific treatments to prevent/cure C. albicans infections
- Characterization of the mycobiome associated with the SHIME
- Development of a Candida-infection long-term model
- Use of the new model to study fungal-bacteria interactions and to assess the effect of specific treatments in preventing-curing Candida infections.